- 400g flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 30g fresh yeast
- 50ml water
- 300ml carbonated water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g Fior delle Alpi
- Option 1: cream cheese, smoked ham, rocket, olives, dried tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, peppers and fresh basil.
- Option 2: cream cheese, smoked salmon, onion rings, capers and dill.
- Mix flour and salt in a bowl and make a hollow in the middle
- Dissolve the yeast in 50ml of lukewarm water and pour it into the hollow. Add the water and oil and kneed to a soft dough. Let it rest for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 8 portions and roll out into 1mm thin discs.
- Bake in a non-stick frying pan without any fat for 3 minutes per side until the dough starts to bubble.
- Spread cream cheese on the Piadinas. For an Italian version top the dough with smoked ham, rocket, olives, tomatoes, peppers, basil and Fior delle Alpi. Alternative: salmon, onion rings, capers, dill and Fior delle Alpi.